Shelf Free is pleased to announce the Fourth National Ebook Workshop.
10 am to 4pm, 13 November 2013, Library of Birmingham
Book a place….
This event is aimed at, but not limited to, public library staff, and is free of charge. It’s an opportunity to find out what’s going on nationally for example with:
- Shelf Free
- Society of Chief Librarians / Sieghart Review pilot projects
- The Reading Agency’s Digital Skills programme
- EBLIDA’s proposed campaign
It’s also an opportunity to start planning for a proposed National E-Reading Day in 2014. In the afternoon we are offering breakout sessions where we can learn from each other on the subjects of:
- Running public workshops – helping people to use library ebooks
- Promoting your ebook service
- Ebook platforms and library management systems
- Consortium purchasing
The full programme will be published shortly
We’re very excited that the programme will take place at the new Library of Birmingham. We’re hoping there will be the opportunity of a guided tour before the workshop, or you can follow a self-guided trail during the day.
Because of demand, we will be limiting takeup to one place per authority / organisation.
Sponsored by Bibliotheca, “The world’s leading technology supplier to libraries”.
Follow (Twitter) at @shelffree.